Position: Senior Financial Reporting Professional
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Do you have accounting knowledge, full financial statements understanding and analytical skills, which enable you to explain financial data? Do you fluently speak English and are you passionate about driving complex transaction discussions? Then you might be the right person for our Accounting & Reporting team in global leader company in Finance!
You will assume responsibility for the end-to-end reporting process of assigned legal entities (e.g. service, investment, financing and holding companies), according to the relevant accounting principles. You will ensure compliance with local statutory and group reporting requirements and the internal control framework.
Main activities of the team are:
- Reporting and variance analysis for assigned entities in coordination with various teams.
- Quarterly Group Reporting in line with the corporate US GAAP (soon to be replaced by IFRS) as well as statutory accounting principles and internal Economic Valuation Method (EVM), including analysis and legal entity reporting preparation.
- Presentation to senior finance management, incl. Board of Directors and other partners.
- Participation and driving the accounting and reporting related projects and complex transactions as required
- Key contact person for assigned entities for internal partners and both internal and external auditors where required
- The position acts with a high degree of autonomy & discretion within the delegated authority
Your Key accountabilities are:
- Ownership of the legal entity in Statutory, Group, and Economic reporting in compliance with relevant accounting principles including management reporting, annual accounts production, ad hoc reporting
- Full Trial balance responsibility including closing related bookings, reconciliation and substantiation of accounts (Statutory / Group)
- Participation in management of the Balance Sheet e.g. Cash, Capital monitoring, and of the Income Statement profitability, e.g. Revenue from third parties and related cost
- Coordination with internal teams and with external partners
- Ensure operational compliance with statutory and group policies and internal control framework
The Team is based in Bratislava covering different locations within EMEA region with main mandate to proceed with quarterly and annually closing activities including the preparation of the final reporting packages presented to senior management. Entities under the team´s responsibility are mainly based in Switzerland, Luxembourg, Germany, Slovakia and UK. Main partners are General Ledger Accounting team, Global Investment Reporting team, Real Estate team, Treasury, Tax and Global Service Operations.
Bratislava, Slovakia, 50% home office is ok
- At least 2-3 and more years of experience in Accounting / Reporting or Audit
- Previous experience with preparation, reporting, and analysis, or audit, of the full financial statements and disclosures, is a must
- Experience with accounting and reporting closing activities
- Knowledge of at least one relevant statutory accounting and reporting principles e.g. IFRS, US GAAP, Slovak, Swiss, German HGB, Luxembourg, UK, Danish
- Accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA) is preferred
- Analytical and methodical work-style combined with good business discernment and high-quality output with an ability to communicate at the management level and lead meetings efficiently
- Fluent in English, any other European language especially German is a plus
- Start as soon as possible is a plus.
You can look forward to extra rewards and benefits including an attractive performance-based bonus.
The minimum gross monthly base salary for this role is 2500 EUR full time. The final offer will be set up fairly, considering the skills, experience and your seniority!