Position: Senior Software Architect Mobile Android
Essential duties and responsibilities:
For our large global client, we are searching an experienced Senior SW Architect Mobile Android for long-term project.
As the most senior operational development role, SW architects assume technical responsibility for software components of an overall system within agile teams. This includes proactive shaping of architecture and technology as well as the promotion of quality (including compliance with non-functional requirements) as part of the maintenance and further development of an application and the design of support processes for software development. You are in close coordination with the solution architects (higher technical architecture role with overall architecture view) and regularly coordinate with software architects from other teams.
The main tasks and responsibilities of SW architects:
- Development of complex SW solutions and components or active suggestion, design and implementation of refactoring measures
- Design, planning and optimization of the technical architecture of your components in close coordination with solution architects
- Keep an overview of technologies and, if necessary, create technology comparisons
- Design and Implementation of prototypes
- Overview of design, patterns and frameworks as well as ongoing optimization
- Drafting of architecture diagrams/plans, database ERDs and component/object models and comparable required technical documentation (partly in cooperation with higher-level architecture roles or requirement engineers)
- Communication content in a suitable form (communication within the team and across teams)
- In cooperation with solution architects: Establishment and optimization of development guidelines including quality assurance and documentation specifications, architectural specifications as well as measuring and controlling compliance with these guidelines and guidelines in the team
- Proactive communication with the solution architects regarding possible problems and suggestions for improvement
- Close cooperation with analysts (Req. Engineers)
- Proactive analysis, evaluation and recommendation of refactoring measures
- Onboarding and guidance of new colleagues in the development area for their own agile team
Full remote, occasional travelling to Vienna possible.
Technologies and development tools: Kotlin
Build, test and CI/CD processes & supporting tools: Git/Similar, Jenkins/Similar
Databases: one of - Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
SW quality assurance processes and tools: Unit test
Cross-role tools and infrastructure: Jira/Confluence, Kibana/Similar
Experience: min. 10 years of experience as a developer in the mobile sector, including at least 3 years in Kotlin, in an agile, CI/CD-based environment with a weekly production release. 3 years experience with GIT, Jenkins, Jira/Confluence, Kibana and the creation of unit tests. The experience in the development of cross-platform applications and experience with microservices architectures.
Languages: English fluent
Additionally relevant criteria/nice to have:
Technologies and development tools: Jetpack Architecture Components Room Coroutines ViewBinding Google Maps Retrofit OkHttp REST
Build, test and CI/CD processes & supporting tools: CI/CD pipelines
SW quality assurance processes and tools: TDD JUnit BDT CodeReview White Box Testing
Cross-role tools and infrastructure: MS Teams/Sharepoint Sonar Grafana Prometheus Elastic Search Logstash
Experience: Cloud+onpremise infrastructure environment
According to experience