Position: Lead Developer Mobil Android
Essential duties and responsibilities:
For our large global client, we are searching an experienced Lead developer Mobile Android for long-term project.
The main task of the lead developer is the architecture design within his SW component responsibility as well as the development of new applications and the further development/re-factoring of existing applications. This includes not only the architectural design but also the programming, as well as participation in the overall process form the requirements survey to the productive launch of an application. The lead SW developer is responsible for the new and further development of his teams SW products/components, takes on technical conception and coordination tasks for his team and is the first point of contact for technical and professional architects in the organization (or in the area of his Task). He stands for the highest technical competence in the team and has extensive knowledge of the SW components in his responsibility. In addition to technical expertise and lead skills, the lead developer have a comprehensive understanding of the overall architecture and its complex relationships. In addition to the lead role, he is also actively involved in development and plays a key role in the design of architectural concepts and optimizations in the entire application stack (frontend/backend/DB connection). Depending on the needs, he/she has the expertise in the necessary front-end and back-end technology.
- Creation of SW architectures and SW designs in a team context
- Performance optimization of the components and cross-team cooperation for best-practice sharing and standardization
- Operational SW development support of the implementation team
- Participation in the selection of the technologies used in SW development and in feasibility tests
- Participation in coordination the deployment of SW packages
- Quality assurance, active measures for monitoring and the ability to analyze production problems (logging)
- Effort estimates
- Ongoing communication with all decision-makers
- Management of a team of SW developers, development and implementation of optimizations and guidance of less experienced colleagues in our own agile Team or across teams
- Analysis and evaluation of technical debts or the managed components
- Proactive analysis, evaluation and recommendation of refactoring measures
Full remote, occasional travelling to Vienna possible.
Technologies and development tools: Kotlin
Build, test and CI/CD processes & supporting tools: Git/Similar, Jenkins/Similar
Databases: One of - Oracle or PostgreSQL or MongoDB
SW quality assurance processes and tools: Unit test
Cross-role tools and infrastructure: Jira/Confluence, Kibana/Similar
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in the development of native Android apps, of which at least 3 years with Kotlin, in a CD/CI environment with at least a weekly production release. 3 years experience in one of the database technologies, with GIT, Jenkins, Jira/Confluence, Kibana and the creation of unit tests.
Languages: English fluent
Education: IT-oriented education (technical school or university) or 10 years of relevant professional experience in IT projects in SW development
Additionally relevant criteria/nice to have:
Technologies and development tools: Jetpack Architecture Components Room Coroutines ViewBinding Google Maps Retrofit OkHttp REST
Build, test and CI/CD processes & supporting tools: CI/CD pipelines
SW quality assurance processes and tools: TDD Appium Code Review White Box Testing JUnit
Cross-role tools and infrastructure: MS Teams/Sharepoint Sonar Grafana Prometheus Elastic Search Logstash
Experience: Development experience and knowledge of iOS apps/swift cloud+onpremise infrastructure environment