Position: Senior radio planning engineer
Essential duties and responsibilities:
We need independent senior specialists in the radio planning team of 2G-5G generation for several projects in Slovakia and Czechia.
- Planning of RF networks for trials and analysis purposes
- Analysis of network data and parameters, KPI evaluation, planning RF transmitter elements, analyses the impact of RF coverage changes, surveys of RF network transmitter sites and preparing tender documents to third parties for construction or modification of the transmitters.
- Selects suitable sites for RF network transmitter locations according to defined criteria (efficiency, coverage, etc.)
- Performs coverage simulations in planning tools to set and evaluate planning objectives
- Analyses the RF coverage of individual transmitters and takes optimization actions
- Independently evaluates modifications to RF transmitters and designs
- Analyzes customer complaints regarding RF network coverage and proposes solutions
- Cooperation with the Marketing and Sales department for collecting the requirements to ensure quality coverage of mobile networks and determine coverage in defined areas.
- Evaluates site sharing offers from third parties for client use
- Evaluates requests to place third party equipment at client sites.
- Performs planning of RF networks or clusters
- Participates in the development and testing of radio and microwave planning tools and databases.
- Prepares expert needs and cost analyses in the area of access networks in collaboration with the Financial Controlling department.
- Compiles RF transmitter element mix and decides on the need for modifications or enhancements
- Participates in evaluating the impact of changes in RF coverage, quality and network capacity
- Compiles th HW parts and their parameters in planning databases and ensures their accuracy and efficiency
- Prepares procurement documents for external subcontractors
- Cooperates with RF network design representatives of other mobile operators in terms of necessary information exchange (site sharing, service sharing, network sharing) or when a common approach is needed.
- University degree with a technical focus (telecommunications, radio communications, electrical engineering)
- 5 years of continuous experience in telecommunications, knowledge of network elements of mobile network transmission technologies, independent design/simulation of RF (or transmission) networks, analysis of output data
- Professional technical English
- Analytical thinking
- Skills with technical drawing programs
- Full responsibility for assigned tasks, including active collaboration within the company
depending on experience